Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Horner

Chris Horner thinks that because NASA's carbon observatory satellite went into the ocean the other day the science is still unsettled:

The meaning of that global-warming satellite splashing down has struck home.

It looks like the science is just going to have to remain settled for a little while longer.

Which we have had officially confirmed by President Obama last night, of course, because without the massive revenues derived from the new, biggest-revenue-measure-in-our-history global-warming tax that's built into Obama's budget assumptions, he can't pay for his social engineering. The science has gotta be settled.

By the way, I have been reading -- or trying to read -- Horner's latest book, Red Hot Lies. Even considering the fact that I don't agree with his major thesis, I don't think I've ever read a whinier book than this. Everyone Horner disagrees with is an "alarmist"or a fraud. Everyone he agrees with is inevitably painted as a hero fighting the good fight.

I honestly don't mind -- and, in fact, welcome -- legitimate scientific arguments that purport to call anthropogenic climate change into doubt. But Horner's half-truths and fabrications and utter whining is so off-putting is so horrendous it's difficult to stomach for even a few pages. It is a crime that he has received all the publicity he has, which I can only attribute to a robust, colluding right-wing machine.



1 comment:

Dano said...

I've said this before, but one of my regrets is not taking screen shots of Horner lying on TCS via a sock puppet. Horner is a highly skilled BS artist and is full of sh--. I'm surprised you are reading his book - I hope you didn't pay for it.

Best,

D